Can you believe how quickly February went by?
Last week, I received quite an exciting package from Hannah as part of the Foodie Penpals Program hosted by Lindsay!
I told Hannah that I love to try new things but am trying to eat healthier and she did an AMAZING job! What’s inside:
- Love Crunch Granola
- Coconut Flakes
- Bulgur Wheat
- Fresh Ginger
- Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Peppermint Tea
- Burt’s Bees Chapstick
I have been on a peppermint tea kick lately so I dug right into the tea bags and they have become my morning staple. In Hannah’s note, she described how she uses bulgar wheat and I gave it a try! I browned some chicken with asparagus, squash, carrots, onions, the bulgar wheat, and smoked paprika:
It was great! There was also a recipe on the bag for tabouleh, which I can’t wait to try as well.
I used the coconut to make chocolate protein poppers. No pictures because I ate them too quickly 🙂 I used this recipe and subbed the coconut flakes instead of the mint extract – such a cute little treat. When I call something cute that makes it acceptable to eat 5 handfuls of them without shame.
I haven’t had a chance yet to use the fresh ginger and I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks Hannah for great box, and I hope you received a box just as exciting. I sent a box of Indian inspired vegetarian foods to Mariana. She doesn’t have a blog, but I hope she enjoyed everything!!
Are you interested in joining us for Foodie Penpals next month? Here are some more details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th!
*If you’re from Europe, please CLICK HERE to signup.